… Our Great Multi-lingual Abilities.
So, once Up On a Time – like – way back in Winterpast Day of January 29th, 2019 – the following is a recorded account of that morning.
Got up around 7.40.am.
Here is how that time period of one hour and ten minutes was spent – gone forever.
- Had water and meds (don’t ask – it should be self evident).
- Opened door for cats – didn’t close it, so minus-whatever weather plundered into home in a rather bold manner. (The nerve😳🙄)
- Tommy cat decided he would venture out into the frozen tundra.
- Minty cat, older and wiser did not.
- Made coffee. Starbucks Keurig pod – otherwise known as Good Tasting Coffee Right Now.
- Let Tommy cat back into house (big baby)(it’s a balmy -19c … maybe more with windchill)(still a baby)
- Phone pinged – who could this be?🤔
- Messenger: yeah! it’s my friend Wendy enquiring about my exciting life.
So we exchanged some amazing details.
The Latin phrase “compus mentis” was used – I surprised myself! It means “having full control of one’s mind”, which we decided was not even a thing.
To our surprise the rest of our message that morning revealed we were in fact, multi-lingual.
Here are the facts of proof.
- How are you this morning? English
- I am not fully compus mentis. Latin
- Och. Scottish
- Ciao bellisimo. Italian … which meant I called my beautiful friend a dude. Which she is not. In fact she’s very content being a female. (Don’t get me started on genders I beg you. It won’t be pretty.)
- Je nais se pas. French for I don’t know. (Like Schultz of Hogan’s Heroes, famous because he knew NUSSINK!)
- Caio, caio, caio, caio. (Practicing correct spelling of “see ya” in Italian.
- Bella. More Italian.
So coffee was finished. Enlightening conversation was finally finito (- gasp – more Italian😳).
It was now 8.50.am.
From our conversation, Wendy and I came to the conclusion that we are indeed multi-lingual – five! – count them – five languages! – making it abundantly clear that at least one of us practices inclusivity – which qualifies us – nae! (more Scottish) – again nae! Not only qualifies but surely morally obligates one of us to run for the office of Prime Minister of Canada in our next election? (🤔… a worthy MullinPonder thought 🤔)(After a bit of a MullinPonder, it’ll have to be you Wendy – I can’t see my way clear to resigning my position as Head Honcho of our ever-thriving business of MullinPonder-ing 🤔).
Here endeth the lesson on:
Discovery of Multi-lingualism.
How to Faff Away the Hours in a day – which by the way, we shall never get back😒.